Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Canning Pantry



The pantry on the left is from the blog Scandinavian Retreat. The yellow pantry is mine. I need to reorganize a few things in it -- I'd love to find the room for a microwave, for instance. The bags hold potatoes and other root vegetables. The pantry in this circa-1914 house wasn't nearly as nice when I moved in. The current kitchen was once the back porch (it still has a sloped floor), and was probably walled in during the 1950s. Both the pantry and the laundry room (which is accessible via the original kitchen, now a guest room) were walled in as afterthoughts. Windows were left in, and the kitchen pantry was inaccessible, due to the presence of the hot water heater, which we bumped up to the attic. My friend Doug, who masterminded the renovations, installed the narrow shelves, which I love. Having a clean pantry has definitely contributed to my burgeoning cooking skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment